Welcome to Sydney! Explore your new home with our fun sightseeing tours at USU Day Trips. These tours are the perfect chance for students to learn more about the city and make new friends along the way.
Day Trips are open to USU Members ONLY, membership is free for USYD Students click here to join for free TODAY! You can also sign up to our Rewards program to receive a special gift at each location PLUS huge savings on campus year round.
Please note that these events are 18+ You are required to bring PHYSICAL ID on the day (no photographs or print outs), only passports or Australian driver’s licenses will be accepted.
You can choose one tour from the following trip locations:
🦉 Featherdale Wildlife Park
Visit Australia's beautiful native animals, at Featherdale! Home to the largest collection of koalas in New South Wales, well as well as encounters with many other iconic Australian animals, including dingos, echidnas, wombats, bilbies, Tasmanian devils, reptiles and a stunning collection of birds from Australia and around the world.
- This tour departs at 7:30 am from the International Student Lounge (ISL) located on Level 4, Wentworth Building (corner City Rd and Butlin Ave) by bus.
- Please arrive by 7:00 am to check in for this tour! The buses for this tour will leave at 7:30 am SHARP!
🐨 Taronga Zoo
Visit one of Australia's most iconic landmarks with free entry and meet some of Australia's cutest (and scariest) animals.
- This tour departs at 9:00 am from the International Student Lounge (ISL) located on Level 4, Wentworth Building (corner City Rd and Butlin Ave) by bus.
- Please arrive by 8:30 am to check in for this tour! The buses for this tour will leave at 9:00 am SHARP!
🎡 Luna Park Sydney
Luna Park is an amusement Park based in Sydney Harbour with spectacular views of the Harbour Bridge & Sydney Opera House! Visit this iconic place with free, unlimited rides!
- This tour departs at 10:00 am from the International Student Lounge (ISL) located on Level 4, Wentworth Building (corner of City Rd and Butlin Ave) by bus.
- Please arrive by 9:30 am to check in for this tour! The buses for this tour will leave at 10:00 am SHARP!
🏖️ Coogee Beach Day!
Join us on a trip to one of Australia's most iconic beaches! With a coastal walk, beach games, the sun and sand - there's heaps to discover!
- This tour departs from the International Student Lounge (ISL) located on Level 4, Wentworth Building (corner of City Rd and Butlin Ave) by bus.
- Please select one tour time option when you register: 11:00, 11:15, or 11:30 am. The buses will leave at that time so make sure you are there 30 minutes prior for check-in!
🔈 Important Info
- All tours are happening concurrently so PLEASE SELECT ONLY ONE OF THE TOURS. We may cancel ticket orders with multiple tours selected.
- All tours will take about 3-6 hours from start to finish. Each group will have a friendly student volunteer guide who will be able to answer all your questions and give you some tips and insights on life at USYD.
- Australia can get hot, remember to slip, slop, slap and hydrate. Water stations are available but remember to bring your water bottle! Sunscreen will also be available.
Water & Beach Safety
Please only swim if you know how to do so and always stay safe, follow these guidelines and you will have lots of fun at Sydney beaches and safely return home:
- Always swim between the red and yellow flags on beaches with lifeguards and surf lifesavers.
- Look for the beach signs at the entrance to the beach, they have lots of local information and will explain to you the meaning of the signs placed on the beach.
- Never swim alone, always with a friend.
- Never swim under the influence of alcohol or after a big meal.
What's Up Next?
🗺️ Campus Race
Team up to race against the clock and compete in challenges around USYD campus to be crowned this year’s Campus Race champions.
Join us on Tuesday 6 February for an exciting day, it's your chance to make new friends, win prizes and get to know campus a bit better (plus all the shortcuts) before the start of semester.
Plus, enjoy FREE afternoon tea at Courtyard Restaurant & Bar afterwards! Sign up here!
🥳 Welcome to Sydney Party
Celebrate the start of uni life with our Welcome to Sydney Party!
Head to Manning Bar on Wednesday 7 February from 6pm until late for our Welcome to Sydney Party. Enjoy a night of arcade games, free food, and music.
- If the tour you are interested in is sold out, please join the waitlist!
- If you are still keen to come but haven't been able to secure a ticket by the date of the tour you can pop into ISL (International Student Lounge) at the time advertised above for the tours and IF there are any available tickets due to no shows or last minutes cancellations, we will be able to make a ticket available for you.
- Please note that attending for the waitlist DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU A TICKET
Arrival Times for Waitlist are;
Luna Park: Arrive by 9:30 am
Taronga Zoo: Arrive by 8:30 am
Featherdale Wildlife Park: Arrive by 7:00 am
Coogee Beach: Arrive by 10:30 am
Please do not attend campus if you are feeling unwell or are displaying any cold and flu-related symptoms. We encourage you to undertake a Covid test and ask that you only return to on-site campus duties once you have a negative result and any symptoms have disappeared.
No. The tours all take place at the same time, so you are unable to attend more than one. Please only sign up for one tour to ensure we are able to accommodate as many students as possible.
I missed out on my preferred tour. What can I do?
If you'd like to try out another available destination, give that a go - we promise they're all great!
If your desired tour is full, join the waitlist :)
May I bring my parents with me?
This event is for students only, so your parents are unable to come. We'll take good care of you, and you'll make new friends, we promise!
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Your electronic ticket, which can be found in your email confirmation, is sufficient. To assist us in speeding up the registration process, we ask that you have the QR code ticket downloaded and ready on the day of the event.
What if I don't receive my confirmation email?
Please use the 'contact host' button below to email us if you don't receive confirmation of your registration.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please use the 'contact host' button below to email us. Please note there may be potential delays in response due to reduced capacity.
Want to get involved in Day Trips as a USU Volunteer instead?
Volunteer roles include guiding groups of student attendees and joining in on the trip! Join the USU VTeam here to be the first to hear when volunteer sign-ups open next year.
Where can I find out about more of the fun events run by USU Programs?
Join our Facebook group to receive the latest updates on this and other events!
Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims, and Assumption of Risk:
By participating in this Event I agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Participants are responsible for their own behaviour and any resulting consequences. The University of Sydney Union shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or theft of personal belongings or any injury to the individual or others resulting from the event. Furthermore, you agree to abide by the terms and conditions of this event.
2. By registering or participating in this event, you hereby confirm that you are over 18 years of age, or in possession of consent by a legal parent or guardian and have the authority to enter into the terms herein.
3. All attendees must adhere to all COVID-19 safety requirements, including but not limited, to wearing a mask on ALL public transport.